Revitalising Your Taxi Business Marketing Strategy
21st July 2023
We’ve put together our top taxi business marketing ideas to work alongside our Taxi Dispatch Software to help you win new customers, regardless of the size of your taxi firm! These strategies are affordable, easy to execute, and proven to help deliver results.
Digital Marketing Approach
Your marketing strategy should start with a strong digital presence. The digital channels offer a direct, effective way to reach your customers where they spend a lot of their time:
- Website Optimisation – A well-structured, visually appealing, and user-friendly website is essential for local businesses. By integrating our Web Booker into your website, you can enhance the customer experience and stay ahead of your competitors.
However, having a great website is only the first step; making sure potential customers can find it is the next. Optimising your site for search engines is crucial to improve visibility. This includes technical SEO, such as ensuring your site is mobile-friendly and content SEO, such as having relevant keywords in your text and image tags.
Regularly updating your blog with articles about your services, local attractions, or transport advice can improve your site’s relevance and authority, leading to higher search engine rankings.
- Email Marketing – Send personalised emails to your customers at the right time to give your business a significant boost. Highlight services such as airport transfers during peak travel times, like school holidays or summer breaks.
Segmentation is key to effective email marketing. By categorising your email list based on customers’ habits, preferences, or past bookings, you can send more targeted, personalised messages. For example, you could offer hotel transfer discounts to past city trip bookers, or off-peak discounts to regular late-night riders.
- Online Reviews – Reviews are pivotal in shaping the reputation of your business and influencing customer choices. Positive reviews increase your business’s online visibility, especially for customers searching ‘local taxi service’ in their area. More reviews can also give your business the impression of being a larger, more established fleet.
Don’t forget positive reviews aren’t just for customers; they can also make your company a more appealing place to work and attract the best talent in the industry.
If you need help in this area, Review Master can help enhance your business’s online presence, customer engagement, and website ranking!
- Social Media – The power of social media in business marketing is undeniable! Use popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to reach your target audience. You can use these platforms to keep your current and new customers up to date with exclusive offers and discounts.
Consider adopting strategies like running location-specific campaigns on social media during community events or festivals. A proactive approach can raise awareness about your services and boost bookings.
If you wanted to take it a step further, social media platforms offer sophisticated ad targeting options that you can use to provide exclusive offers and discounts to specific demographic groups, geographical locations, or even to individuals who have shown interest in similar services.
- Text Messages – Utilise text messages as a useful tool for securing advance bookings and enhancing customer experience. By sending text reminders ahead of significant events, such as New Year’s Eve, school holidays, or local festivals, you can encourage your customers to book their rides in advance, ensuring availability and reducing last-minute stress.
Traditional Marketing Tactics
Despite the rise of digital marketing, traditional offline marketing tools can still have a significant impact, especially in the local community:
- Leaflets/Flyers – Distributing flyers in high-footfall areas such as hotels, pubs, and local businesses can help with bookings. Additionally, distributing these at transport hubs like train stations and airports can help to capture travellers looking for local transport. Offering discounts or incentives on these flyers can further encourage potential customers to choose your services.
- Coasters – Consider these as mini-flyers that can provide a unique marketing platform. Placing them in local pubs, clubs, and cafes puts your service in the direct line of sight of potential customers at a time when they may need a taxi service.
- Vehicle Signage – Your vehicles as more than just a mode of transport; they’re also moving billboards. Make the most of this constant visibility by displaying your phone number, website, and booking app clearly. This can serve as a continuous reminder of your services to anyone who sees your vehicles. Also, consider reflective signage for advertising your services during the night.
Remember, investing in marketing is not just about customer acquisition. It also creates an environment conducive to team success. By blending traditional and digital marketing techniques, you can construct a comprehensive and efficient marketing plan tailor-made for your taxi business.
In today’s fast-paced, app-dominated world, standing out as a taxi firm can be challenging. However, with our software solution, iCabbi, you can not only keep up with but surpass your competition. Our taxi dispatch system equips you with the necessary tools to deliver superior customer service, reduce operational costs, automate bookings, and compete effectively with larger competitors. Moreover, our UK-based customer service is always ready to support your business needs.